*Parent meeting location has changed. Please enter the front entrance of the middle school. Go to the 7th grade hallway (middle of main hall- Room 706)
CONGRATULATIONS to the 2019 6TH GRADE CHEERLEADING TEAM
Parents/Guardian meeting Wednesday 7/24 (one parent/guardian required to attend/ athletes not required to attend)
*tentatively cafeteria (Enter via the cafeteria door on the back right corner of the building)
8th grade at 5pm
7th grade at 6pm
6th grade 7pm
drop off at IMPACT1
6th and 7th grade 8:30-11:30am (dropoff at 8:15)
8th grade 1pm-4pm (dropoff at 12:45pm)
If you have any questions, please contact Adam Thomas at firstname.lastname@example.org
IMPACT1 is located off of New Town Rd.
The address is 429 Marvin Rd. Fort Mill, SC 29707
WMS Cheer Videos
All tryout material & instructional videos can be found at this direct link:
Look under the WMS Tryout 2019 folder for all tryout material. OR
You can access the videos through the HIGH SCHOOL ATHLETIC website under our High School Cheer page. Make sure you’re in the folder that says “WMS Tryout 2019.”
Track Dances: You will do one of the Track Dance Combos for your tryout
#2-“Baseball” (2 ripples) (6th and 8th grade do 2ndripple on counts 7, 8; 7th grade does 1st ripple on counts 5,6)
#3-“T-Bone” & “Victory”
#5-“Kicker” (revised video on line)
#8—Watch the video on “Transitional claps” so you know what to do between the dances
Track dance Combo 1: Flashdance, claps, Baseball, Shake-n-Bake (see video of combo on site)
Track dance Combo 2: Chin-Up, claps, Baseball, claps, T-Bone (see video of combo on site)
Track dance Combo 3: Kicker, claps, Baseball, claps, Choo Choo Train (see video of combo on site)
Chants: (XX=claps) (*=pause)
1. Green! Green! Yell-it, White! White! (2 ripples) (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple)
2. Go Cats! XX Go Cats!
3. Up That Score, Cats, Up that Score!
4. Go! Hey, here we go! Wild Cats, Let’s Go! (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple)
5. T-A-K-E Take it Take it
6. Defensive Line XX Take Charge!
7. Offense Wildcats Offense XX
8. XX Hey! XX We are the Cats!
9. Push’em back Cats Push’em back! XX
10. Take that ball away Big Green! Take that ball away!
11. Wildcats, Wildcats! Get Tough!
12. Attack let’s Fight! Go, Green! Go, White! (6th and 8th grade do 1st ripple; 7th grade does 2nd ripple
13. Get on your feet! Gooooooo Wildcats!
14. C’mon Crowd say it loud: Score, Cats, Score! XScore, Cats, Score! X
1. “Let’s Go Green” (all grades do ripple 3 only)
2. “Go Wildcats” (with 2 tricks)
3. “Go, Cats! Go, Cats, Go!” (all grades do ripple 1 only)
4. “Woo” (mortal combat theme song remix)—see revised video on website
We will continue to work on conditioning throughtout the season:
Toe Touch—see video
Splits—see video—both sides (don’t have to do center)
Cartwheel—see video—both right and left side cartwheels
Pushups—see video—10 without putting knees onground; sternum should touch the top of a can of food
Burpees—see video—15 in 60 secs
*Jump Rope—see video—5 min non stop (bring your own jump rope on July 22nd)
Run—see instructional pdf--On outdoor track
6th and 7th graders: ½ mile (2 laps)
Less than 3min—5pts
8th grade: 1 mile (4 laps)
Less than 8 min—5pts