Weddington Middle School Boys Lacrosse
- Coaching Staff
- WMS Lacrosse Commissioner: Scott Miller
- Varsity Head Coach: Craig Wirth / JV Head Coach: Shaun Sullivan
- Assistant Coaches: Will be named after tryouts complete
- WMS Teams:
- Varsity: Fielded by 8th graders and experienced 7th graders - (no 6th graders regardless of ability)
- JV: Fielded by novice 7th graders and all 6th graders - (no 8th graders)
- Fall/Winter Events:
- Off-Season Conditioning & Skills/Drills:
- Weekly sessions starting on Nov 4th : Mondays 4-5:30 on the WHS Band Field
- Highly recommended, especially for those kids new to the game
- Signed waiver required – download off the WMS Booster website
- Equipment required
- Winter mini-camp:
- Varsity WHS players led mini-camp
- Dec 7-8, 9:00 – noon
- Skills stations, game scenarios, small-sided games, & skill competitions
- Polar Bear League:
- Dec/Jan on Sunday afternoons. Weddington will field multiple teams
- Individual registration by Nov 22nd @ http://www.stickwithus.org/content/boys/winter/polar-bear-winter-league
- Wall-Ball / Snypr Training
- Snypr app use this Fall/Winter to record wall-ball reps using a team code.
- Spring Schedule:
- Tryouts: ~ Feb 3rd-5th / First game: ~ Feb 22nd / Last game: ~ May 9th
- Gear required for all condition/skills days and practices. If you don’t have gear, ask. There are plenty of loaner options available.
- Weddington helmets will be purchased by parents prior to the season.
- Volunteers: We are always looking for parent volunteers and coaching assistants / team administration. Please email Craig Wirth, if interested.
- Questions: contact Craig Wirth at